A tour of the Lac des Corbeaux
Start and finish at the Col de Bramont.
This route will let you discover the Lac des Corbeaux from the Belvédère de la Roche du Lac 200m above it.
The view is stunning and its the perfect place for a snack!
A trail takes you down to the lake. It doesn't cross the embankment, but takes you round the lake on a pleasant, shady trail.
Return to the Col de Bramont via the Étang de Sèchemer.
A very beautiful circuit that's not too difficult, although very steep.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Vertical gain :
Vertical drop :
Highest point :
Lowest point :
Start from the Col de Bramont.
- Park your car near the sign: "Col de Bramont - Altitude 956m".
- Go in the direction of the "Col de Pourri Faing" (Marker = navy blue rectangle - GR531). : you leave the broad path for a narrow trail on the right after 20/25 minutes of walking, but the marker that remains the same is visible to those coming from the other direction.
- In front of the "Col of Pourri Faing" on the descent, go in the direction of the "Col de la Vierge" (Marker = blue circle).
- You cross the grasses of the "Viellie Montagne", and arrive at the forest "Chalet de l'Union".
- Turn in the direction of "Croix Louis" (Marker = red cross).
- At "Croix Louis" face the inscription on the cross and spot the entrance of the path behind it. On each side of this path, ONF lot numbers are clearly visible: 17 on the left, 16 on the right
- take this path until you reach NFB lot No. 137 to the left and 138 to the right. Just after, there's a tight bend on the left. Continue on this same path.
- You'll join a forest road. Follow it in the direction of the "Roche du Lac" (Marker = yellow circle)
- After reaching the Belvédère de la Roche du Lac, continue in the direction of "Collet Mansui - Lac des Corbeaux" (same marker).
- Then follow "Collet Mansui - Cornimont" (Markers = red cross and yellow circle).
- At "Collet Mansui" go in the direction of the "Lac des Corbeaux" (Markers = green rectangle and yellow circle).
- At the lake:1::, do not cross the embankment, but take the time to walk around the lake in a clockwise direction (30 minutes, completley flat).
- At the embankment, go in the direction of "Étang de Sèchemer". (Marker = green diamond).
- At the "Étang de Sechemer", go in the direction of "Col de la Vierge" (Marker = green triangle).
- After a "serious" climb back up you'll arrive at a forest road. Follow this in the direction of the Col de Bramont (Marker = yellow cross).
- Return to the start point.
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0 - Col de Bramont
1 : km 1.5 - alt. km 1.5
2 : km 3.08 - alt. km 3.08
3 : km 4.73 - alt. km 4.73
4 : km 6.29 - alt. km 6.29
5 : km 7.03 - alt. km 7.03
6 : km 7.81 - alt. km 7.81 - Lac des Corbeaux
7 : km 11.13 - alt. km 11.13
8 : km 12.75 - alt. km 12.75
D/A : km 14.92 - alt. km 14.92
There are a few very very steep sections so walking poles may be useful.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3619OTR.
Click here to see how to reach the starting point.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Opinions and comments
Number of opinions : 65
Description quality : 3.49/4
Routemap quality : 3.46/4
Walk interest : 3.66/4
Global average : 3.54/4
on Tue 09 Aug 2016 12:27:34 CEST : Re: A tour of the Lac des Corbeaux
Date of walk : 30/07/16
Description quality : Very good
Routemap quality : Very good
Walk interest : Very good
Good walk, great views, a little disconcerting for some at Roche aux Corbeaux perhaps.
See the full discussion on this walk to find out more.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.