Beautiful loop between the vineyards and the coastal path with magnificent panoramic views.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Access: From Bandol, take the Saint Cyr road. Turn left in the direction of Port d'Alon and the Institution Don Bosco. Park your car along the road at the sign for the Institution Don Bosco which is the start of the hike.
(D/A) Just before the entrance to the Institution, turn right onto Chemin des Vigne with Yellow waymarking. Go along the grape vines until you reach the road for Port d'Alon at the place called Moutte.
(1) Follow this road which goes alongside a campsite on the left and continue on the path called 'la Douane' (the 'border') (2) and head towards the calanque.
(3) Take the coastal path on the right heading towards Saint-Cyr in a south-westerly direction. After a good climb, the view is superb over the calanque. Follow the coastal path. In the distance you can make out the town of La Ciotat and the distinctive volcanic rock of Bec de l'Aigle.
(4) Go back downhill to the beach before attacking the long and difficult climb up to Pointe de la Fauconnière. Go via the Pointe des Trois Fours, along the Baie des Nations, past Resquilladou, until you reach Pointe de la Fauconnière.
(5) Go back downhill via Pointe Grenier until you reach Madrague Port in Saint-Cyr-sur-Mer (6).
(7) Past the Harbour Master, get back onto the road and head to the right for just under a kilometre in a south-easterly direction. Cross over onto the left-hand lane and continue until you reach a sign indicating another path through the grape vines (8) which you need to take.
(9) At the fork, turn right and continue on this path which will quickly bring you back to the departure point (D/A).
D/A : mi 0 - alt. mi 0
1 : mi 0.97 - alt. mi 0.97 - Junction with the Port d'Alon road
2 : mi 1.27 - alt. mi 1.27 - Path called 'la Douane' ('border') toward Port d'A
3 : mi 1.61 - alt. mi 1.61 - Port d'Alon calanque
4 : mi 2.57 - alt. mi 2.57 - View over Ciotat - Bec de l'Aigle
5 : mi 4.04 - alt. mi 4.04 - Pointe de la Fauconnière
6 : mi 4.95 - alt. mi 4.95 - Madrague Port to Saint-Cyr-sur-Mer
7 : mi 5.12 - alt. mi 5.12 - Road on the right after the harbour master
8 : mi 5.43 - alt. mi 5.43 - Sentier des Vignes (vineyards track)
9 : mi 5.75 - alt. mi 5.75 - Turn right
D/A : mi 5.84 - alt. mi 5.84
Lovely in any season. In summer, don't forget to take your swimming costume.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3245ET.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
At the arrival point, those who so wish could follow the Yellow waymarking and climb up the sand dune: good luck!
Hike exploring the sights and features of Cape Canaille.
A beautiful hike to the heights of Ollioules and Sanary, off the beaten track. Exceptional views over the on the coast of La Ciotat in Porquerolles, and the interior of La Cadiere d'Azur in Revest, the chain of the Sainte Baume ridges and the gorges of Ollioules.
The path alternates between shaded areas in the Mediterranean scrubland and parts where the sun heats the limestones of the La Colle massif.
On this walk you'll discover some of the locations used to film Manon des Sources and Jean de Florette (1986): the Grotte de Mounoï cave, the dried-up stream and the Villa Renard - the hunchback's house.
This route will also let you discover the Vallon des Martyrs, with its monument commemorating resistance fighters executed by the SS in 1944. All along the walk you'll experience incredible Provence landscapes and the Sainte-Baume.
This hike is not very difficult and is suitable for the whole family.
Pretty paths through the pines and the garrigue.
A truely beautiful balcony hike between sea and mountains towards Cape Sicié arriving at Notre-Dame de la Garde or du Mai
360 ° view.
A real route for hiking lovers. The Destel trail (named after the stream) offers a varied and enjoyable walk (climbing with a handrails and chains, a path along the water's edge, walking through the cuves (natural basins)).
A hike in the outskirts of Toulon where you get a 360° view of the amazing countryside. A big meeting place for spies who monitor Toulon harbour.
This varied hike visits the remains of the famous Devil's Bridge, which cost the lives of many cart drivers loaded with ice packs. They came down from Sainte Baume as fast as possible, to deliver the people of Toulon or other citizens.
This very challenging route takes the hiker to the site of the Château du Diable and its remarkable caves and the Destel gorges, with their astonishing giant's kettles or cauldrons.
Nice sections with chains or ropes.
This active route will take you through the Croupatier to the Baou de Quatre Ouro, one of the four "Toulonais brothers". Paths and ledges where you have to use your hands, passages with ropes, discover the main caves of the massif, where the famous caves of the Château du Diable make the route more interesting.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.