Beautiful loop between the vineyards and the coastal path with magnificent panoramic views.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Access: From Bandol, take the Saint Cyr road. Turn left in the direction of Port d'Alon and the Institution Don Bosco. Park your car along the road at the sign for the Institution Don Bosco which is the start of the hike.
(D/A) Just before the entrance to the Institution, turn right onto Chemin des Vigne with Yellow waymarking. Go along the grape vines until you reach the road for Port d'Alon at the place called Moutte.
(1) Follow this road which goes alongside a campsite on the left and continue on the path called 'la Douane' (the 'border') (2) and head towards the calanque.
(3) Take the coastal path on the right heading towards Saint-Cyr in a south-westerly direction. After a good climb, the view is superb over the calanque. Follow the coastal path. In the distance you can make out the town of La Ciotat and the distinctive volcanic rock of Bec de l'Aigle.
(4) Go back downhill to the beach before attacking the long and difficult climb up to Pointe de la Fauconnière. Go via the Pointe des Trois Fours, along the Baie des Nations, past Resquilladou, until you reach Pointe de la Fauconnière.
(5) Go back downhill via Pointe Grenier until you reach Madrague Port in Saint-Cyr-sur-Mer (6).
(7) Past the Harbour Master, get back onto the road and head to the right for just under a kilometre in a south-easterly direction. Cross over onto the left-hand lane and continue until you reach a sign indicating another path through the grape vines (8) which you need to take.
(9) At the fork, turn right and continue on this path which will quickly bring you back to the departure point (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 1.56 - alt. km 1.56 - Junction with the Port d'Alon road
2 : km 2.05 - alt. km 2.05 - Path called 'la Douane' ('border') toward Port d'A
3 : km 2.59 - alt. km 2.59 - Port d'Alon calanque
4 : km 4.14 - alt. km 4.14 - View over Ciotat - Bec de l'Aigle
5 : km 6.5 - alt. km 6.5 - Pointe de la Fauconnière
6 : km 7.97 - alt. km 7.97 - Madrague Port to Saint-Cyr-sur-Mer
7 : km 8.24 - alt. km 8.24 - Road on the right after the harbour master
8 : km 8.74 - alt. km 8.74 - Sentier des Vignes (vineyards track)
9 : km 9.25 - alt. km 9.25 - Turn right
D/A : km 9.39 - alt. km 9.39
Lovely in any season. In summer, don't forget to take your swimming costume.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3245ET.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
At the arrival point, those who so wish could follow the Yellow waymarking and climb up the sand dune: good luck!
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.