Vieux Cannet des Maures is a village full of character, certainly worthwhile a visit. Entraygues, the cave chapel of Saint Michel and the natural arches of Argens.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
There is a car park available at the entrance to the village. It is worth taking the time to visit this village, which will prove to be an un-regrettable experience.
(D/A) Starting from the car park, follow along through Boulevard Saint-Louis (Boulevard one big word).
Take the left hand exit off the small paved road, which quickly turns to a track, towards a place called Les Ambard. At the end of the track turn left again onto a paved road called Chemin des Isnards.
After one hundred metres along this road: 1: There's a fire hydrant on the left (keep an eye out for this), take the small path that starts on the left (this can be easy to miss). Once at the end you’ll find an unpaved track, continue along this track onto the D17. Cross the road and continue up the hill, until reaching a crossroads.
Take the central uphill track. Leaving the left and right tracks behind, continue along the track that winds through the forest. Ignore the various tracks to the right and left and continue until reaching Entraygues.
Turn left onto the D84 for one hundred metres. Be careful of any vehicles.
(2) Exit the road and immediately turn right along the border of the vegetable garden. After the garden, turn right again where you’ll reach a concrete platform (water basin).
(3) At this point, continue down towards the river in the direction of Chapelle-Grotte Saint-Michel.
Be careful as the rocks are slippery and steep. It's quite challenging but is worth the detour (making the round trip)
Start on the right in the direction of the natural arches of Argens. Head back to the dam and join the D84 road. Turn right on this road.
(4) 150 m further, bear left onto the Souate track which passes through the Woods, ignoring the paths on the left and the right. 200 m after a hairpin bend, you'll reach a crossroads.
(5) Turn right, then at the next crossroads take the path on the left. Ignore the next path to the right and continue down, following the path that is sometimes subject to logging.
Arriving at the ruins of La Brigue, head right to the well which is found in the square of this hamlet of ruins.
(6) Head left at the ruins and cross the vineyards until reaching the pylon.
(7) Veer to the right and continue on this path ignoring the various paths on the right. At the crossroads with a path on the right: 8: continue straight leaving behind both paths on either side. This route allows you to bypass the hill.
At the crossroads: 9::Turn right, then at the next crossroads, bear left towards Miolan and then right just before the hamlet in order to reach the D17.
(10)Cross over the D17 and continue straight along this unpaved road towards Vieux Cannet to return to the car park.
D/A : mi 0 - alt. mi 0
1 : mi 0.54 - alt. mi 0.54 - Path
2 : mi 1.09 - alt. mi 1.09
3 : mi 2.87 - alt. mi 2.87 - Vegetable garden
4 : mi 3.04 - alt. mi 3.04
5 : mi 3.45 - alt. mi 3.45 - The Souate trail
6 : mi 4.1 - alt. mi 4.1 - Bearing right, exit the path.
7 : mi 4.41 - alt. mi 4.41
8 : mi 5.05 - alt. mi 5.05 - The ruins of La Brigue
9 : mi 5.23 - alt. mi 5.23 - Pylon
10 : mi 5.59 - alt. mi 5.59
11 : mi 6.33 - alt. mi 6.33
12 : mi 6.92 - alt. mi 6.92 - Right, at the crossroads
13 : mi 7.31 - alt. mi 7.31
14 : mi 7.47 - alt. mi 7.47 - Cross over the D17
D/A : mi 8.75 - alt. mi 8.75
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3544OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.