Long Bennington Viking Way
A nice, short walk across the countryside in Long Bennington just off the A1.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Vertical gain :
Vertical drop :
Highest point :
Lowest point :
(D) Long Bennington
- Start off in Long Bennington on Church Street. You will see the signs for Viking Way footpath.
- Follow ally way to bridge and cross the bridge.
- Go straight across the field coming out on the road, you are at Westborough
- Walk past the church and across next field
- Go will reach a stoney path, go straight across.
- You will come out at the back of Foston church
- Turn left at road and left on the corner junction and next right
- Follow road to bottom and onto path
- Look out for public footpath crossing, and turn left
- Follow path up and will reach a cross junction, turn right
- If you want a shorter walk you can follow straight up and turn left onto the Viking Way return
- Path will be clearly set, but will reach another field, head across field with a slight left heading
- You will reach the small river / beck, cross the bridge and turn left, following path
- Left again onto Viking way
(2) Viking Way return
- Follow viking way path and will reach the road
- Turn right and follow road until you see public footpath to left, and gated stoney road
- Turn left into path, and follow. You will join the stoney road/path.
- Follow stoney road / path. Keep an eye out for the path turn off to the right. It may be difficult to see.
- This is the same path we followed up in the beginning
- Cross field which will take you back to Westborough
- Follow path next to church crossing small field
- You will reach the field with path back to Long Bennington.
D/A : mi 0 - alt. mi 0 - Church Street in Long Bennington
1 : mi 1.78 - alt. mi 1.78 - Foston
2 : mi 3.33 - alt. mi 3.33 - Viking Way return
D/A : mi 5.6 - alt. mi 5.6 - Church Street in Long Bennington
Click here to see how to reach the starting point.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.