Walk on the ridge of Sainte-Baume after visiting the Cave of Mary Magdalene.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
- Starting point (1): Ste-Baume Hotel car park.
- Take the path next to the hotel along a field in the direction of the forest.
- At the forest turn right and follow the “Chemin du Canapé” leading in the convent.
- Once Chemin des Roys meets (2) head right to go back to the convent and the cave (3).
Enjoy exploring this area during your visit!
- Starting out from here, go back down Chemin des Roys to the oratory (2) and take a path starting on the right.
- Follow it to the Saint-Pilon pass (4).
- Once on the ridge head left, following the path to Pas de Villecroze.
- Head left following the ridge to find the yellow markings indicating the Pas de l'Aï. The path is a bit hidden, keep your wits about you if you do not want to miss it.
- Once you are in the Pas de l’Aï, follow the path down in loops up to a large dead tree.
- Take the path off to the left (6) and follow it under the ridge for about 4 km.
- From there, several paths are open to you. Take the big one for 150 m, then turn left.
- Continue to the car park and the starting point.
D/A : mi 0 - alt. mi 0
1 : mi 1.04 - alt. mi 1.04
2 : mi 1.17 - alt. mi 1.17
3 : mi 1.7 - alt. mi 1.7
4 : mi 4.42 - alt. mi 4.42
5 : mi 4.54 - alt. mi 4.54
6 : mi 5.05 - alt. mi 5.05
D/A : mi 8.26 - alt. mi 8.26
- Depending on the season, bring enough sunscreen and water.
- Also, depending on the season, remember to check access permissions for the ranges (fire risks).
- On the ridge it may also be windy.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3345OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
- The Cave of Mary Magdalene.
- Sources de l’Huveaune.
- You can pick eat or get refreshments at the guesthouse
A beautiful hike in the hills of Tourves.
A remarkable view over the Saint-Maximin plains and the mountain La Loube.
Wonderful opportunity to discover and tour the Saint-Probace Chapel
On this walk you'll discover some of the locations used to film Manon des Sources and Jean de Florette (1986): the Grotte de Mounoï cave, the dried-up stream and the Villa Renard - the hunchback's house.
This route will also let you discover the Vallon des Martyrs, with its monument commemorating resistance fighters executed by the SS in 1944. All along the walk you'll experience incredible Provence landscapes and the Sainte-Baume.
This hike is not very difficult and is suitable for the whole family.
Pretty paths through the pines and the garrigue.
A splendid walk starting from the Encanaux, near Auriol, along the top of the Infernets and then the Coutronne ravines. At times along the cliffside ravines, similar to some sections of the Gorges du Verdon. From Lare Pass (Col de la Lare), you will have a magnificent view of the Sainte-Baume range and the Pic de Bertagne to the south and Sainte-Victoire Mountain, Mont Olympe and Mont Aurélien to the north.
This varied hike visits the remains of the famous Devil's Bridge, which cost the lives of many cart drivers loaded with ice packs. They came down from Sainte Baume as fast as possible, to deliver the people of Toulon or other citizens.
This trail is another way of getting to the Petit Tuny hut. On this trail, you stay off the DFCI tracks as much as possible, by taking non-waymarked paths instead. At the highest point of the route, you will have a wonderful view over Garlaban, the Huveaune Valley and Bertagne Peak.
A nice tour from Sainte-Anne passing by different juniper kilns producing lime and pitch.
A lovely hike up to Pivaut ice house (1880), which has been beautifully restored.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.