Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Park at the large car park on the left (coming from Ceyreste) with the cistern near the 'Ferme aux Loups', around 1km before the place called the 'Camp'.
(D/A) From the car park, with your back to the road, take the path on the right close to the recently cleared clearing. Branch off to the left at the first junction and then carry on to the crossroads with a larger path.
(1) Turn right and then left at the following crossroads and then turn right again. Next, go straight ahead until you meet a crossroads with a small path.
(2) Turn left and follow this path up to a group of houses at the place called 'les Graniers'.
(3) At the first houses, branch off to the left and then stay on the left in order to follow the path which goes along a larger track for a few hundred metres before joining it at a slightly sharp bend. Once on the track, follow it to the left until you reach an underground cistern.
(4) Opposite this cistern, take a very small path climbing into the forest on the left. At the crossroads with another path, head to the right for about fifty metres and then veer to the left until you reach a junction.
(5) Turn left at the sharp bend and keep going straight on, ignoring the paths either side until you reach the D2.
(6) Be very careful crossing the road and take the small path opposite which curves to the left and goes alongside the road. Once opposite the car park, cross this road again very carefully and return to the departure point (D/A).
D/A : mi 0 - alt. mi 0
1 : mi 0.27 - alt. mi 0.27 - Crossroads, take the left.
2 : mi 0.77 - alt. mi 0.77 - Track, turn left.
3 : mi 1.37 - alt. mi 1.37 - Les Graniers, veer left.
4 : mi 2.34 - alt. mi 2.34 - Underground cistern, take the path to the left.
5 : mi 2.63 - alt. mi 2.63 - Junction, take the left.
6 : mi 3.19 - alt. mi 3.19 - D2
D/A : mi 3.5 - alt. mi 3.5
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3345OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Beautiful loop between the vineyards and the coastal path with magnificent panoramic views.
A beautiful hike to the heights of Ollioules and Sanary, off the beaten track. Exceptional views over the on the coast of La Ciotat in Porquerolles, and the interior of La Cadiere d'Azur in Revest, the chain of the Sainte Baume ridges and the gorges of Ollioules.
The path alternates between shaded areas in the Mediterranean scrubland and parts where the sun heats the limestones of the La Colle massif.
Hike exploring the sights and features of Cape Canaille.
On this walk you'll discover some of the locations used to film Manon des Sources and Jean de Florette (1986): the Grotte de Mounoï cave, the dried-up stream and the Villa Renard - the hunchback's house.
This route will also let you discover the Vallon des Martyrs, with its monument commemorating resistance fighters executed by the SS in 1944. All along the walk you'll experience incredible Provence landscapes and the Sainte-Baume.
Walk on the ridge of Sainte-Baume after visiting the Cave of Mary Magdalene.
This hike is not very difficult and is suitable for the whole family.
Pretty paths through the pines and the garrigue.
One of the Var's most beautiful walks.
This hike climbs Mont Faron on wide tracks and offers a breathtaking view over the most beautiful bay in Europe.
A splendid walk starting from the Encanaux, near Auriol, along the top of the Infernets and then the Coutronne ravines. At times along the cliffside ravines, similar to some sections of the Gorges du Verdon. From Lare Pass (Col de la Lare), you will have a magnificent view of the Sainte-Baume range and the Pic de Bertagne to the south and Sainte-Victoire Mountain, Mont Olympe and Mont Aurélien to the north.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.